Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Boob Guy

Today has been a very tough day on Cameron. I have decided to wean him. Actually, I've been trying to wean him for the last couple of weeks, but he is quite the boob guy and also quite the manupulator knowing how to break down mommy everytime. Because my plan of gradually reducing the amount of feedings isn't working, I'm going to try to go cold turkey during the day and see if I can get him to forget about the boob. So it is now 12:30pm and I haven't nursed him since 5am. He was fine up until it was time for his nap at 10 and then he started yanking at my shirt like a crazed child. I didn't give in and was able to divert his attention with a pasta picnic outside. At 11 though he had a complete melt down. I pumped and tried to give him a bottle (fyi...he hasn't taken the bottle whether it be my milk or formula since he was maybe 3 weeks old). He was fooled at first and sucked about an ounce of milk before he realized what I was doing. He then started crying even harder and pushing the bottle away. I just kept cuddling him and tell him that it was night-night time, trying the bottle here and there with no luck, until he finally gave up and fell asleep in my arms. Oh ya, I left out the fact that I had myself wrapped up like a sardeen and then a robe on top of that so he couldn't feel my skin or smell the milk. Please say some prayers for us that this transition goes smoothly and that I have the strength to stay with it. And if anyone has any helpfull hints, I would love to hear them.

Mom, Dad, and Deanna..... I sure wish you were here to help me!

The pictures are from this last Sunday. Daddy didn't want to leave the house because there was an important game on TV so we emprovised to give mommy the sun and relaxation that she needed and activities outside to get the boys active. For the kids, we blew up the bouncy house and turned on the sprinkler. For Mommy, Daddy made her a margarita and we moved the lounge furniture from the enclosed lanai outside so she could get some sun while watching the kids. And for Daddy, he watched the game from the lounge chair outside at the same time he chased the kids around. Something for everyone.



2 comments:

KLAUSS House said...

I want you to know that although this is my first time writing, I have your blog page bookmarked and check often to see how you guys are doing. I love reading your entries and seeing the pictures. I am glad you are posting some pictures of you and Grant, too. When I was getting ready to go back to work I had to teach Kiah to drink from a bottle. She wouldn't take a bottle (of breastmilk) from me, in fact, I couldn't even be in the room. She also didn't want to be cuddled like she is when she nurses, she had to be sitting up, with her back to the "feeder" and "holding" the bottle herself. Maybe try leaving the room and have someone else try giving him a bottle...? Good luck, EJK

Omi Kim said...

Oh Jules, I certainly feel for you! I slowly weaned Josh to a cup and Jessi started biting, so I had to go "cold turkey" it was awful. She didn't really like nursing, so she loved the bottle. You hang in there and I think that Erika has a point of someone else giving him the bottle..hard when you are the only one home though. There may just be some crying, but as long as he get the liquids he will be fine...just a bit nervewracking. I just remember thinking, "this too shall pass".
I love the pictures and the day in the yard with Grant and kiddos is precious. I want to come over and do that toooooooo! It is just plain awful here, there are no good words about it. We feel like we are in the midst of winter.
We love you and miss you. Jess and kids are coming in about 10 days...with Dean following a few days later. Josh is flying up from LA and our friend Kink is flying in from Kaneohe. Along with Max and JJ we are all heading up to Timberline Lodge for our Annual weekend together. We are thrilled to have our reunion and spend time. Can't wait.
Hugs to you and family, I'll be watching to see how you are doing. I will be praying too!
Auntie Kim