Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mommy and Daddy get a break!

Yesterday was a long, but fantastically fun-filled day! It all started at 10:30am with Grant and I dropping Drew and little Cam off at cousins' Pat and Wendy Odo's house. They have been offering to watch the boys for quite some time and we finally got over the guilt of accepting help and took them up on the offer....and boy am I glad we did! I have been wanting to go to the job site of one of Grant's big projects for probably about a year now and haven't been able to go with the kids since it is a dangerous construction site. Can I just say, my husband is so incredibly gifted! The house is like nothing I've ever seen including in design magazines! Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera, but I will be sure to post some pictures of it at a later date so you all can see. We then went for a quiet, peaceful, long (1 hour) lunch at Kona Brewery and then it was back to the Odo's house to pick up the boys with crossed fingers that they behaved themselves. They both had a fantastic time and really took to Wendy, Pat and Drew said after he wants to grow up big and strong like Sean!


The boys (Grant included) then passed out in the car for two hours while mommy shopped at the new Nordstroms at Ala Moana. When they woke up we went to Sean's last baseball game (he plays 2nd base for Iolani's jv team) where they won against Pac Five 3-2....congrats Sean! We ended the night at the Iolani school fair where Drew had fun playing games, going on carnival rides, and jumping in the bouncy houses. Cameron had fun people watching just like mommy likes to do.


We finally started back home at about 7:30pm with Drew begging from the back seat to go back to Aunty and Uncle's house. Thanks so much for giving us a much needed break Odo's!!!!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Aloha!
Oh how I love your blog!!! I feel so much closer hearing what is going on in all of your lives. And yes Grant has so much talent, knowledge, artistry that just flows. It is unbelievable! Can't wait to see some pictures of the home he designed!
It sounds like Drew has a role model in Sean! Sean sounds like he is a go getter and a delightful young gentleman.
How was Nordstrom's? You will have to fill me in?
Thank you Pat and Wendy for allowing Grant and Julie a great break and a fantastic day for ALL!!!!

With all my love,
Nana

Angels all around you!!!

Omi Kim said...

Jules,
How special it is to spend time with your husband and appreciate one another. It is so easy to just get caught up in the day to day routine! I would also love to see the pictures of the house! Is it the ABC owner's house?
I continue to thank you, just like Jess's blog, for letting us glimpse into your lives.
Hug and Smooches,
Auntie Kim

Betty said...

Julie,
Thanks for the blog and now that I know I need to check on it from time to time, I will read it in a more timely fashion. For some reason, I thought that I would get a notice when you had added one.

Anyways, the pictures and the stories are great. What a great way to journal and a gift you are giving to your sons. Keep up the good work!

It does make me miss all of you more though.
Love to all,
Betty