Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cuddle Time

My normal weekly schedule usually consists of playdates, outings (ie. zoo, sea life park, beach, park), leading a Baby Hui Group, and errands......always going, going, going. For the last 3 weeks, however, I have been forced to stay at home to aid Drew in the potty training business, not wanting to leave the new puppy, and last week Cameron was sick. I think that being stuck at home has been a blessing in disguise. I think I got so caught up with keeping myself and the kids busy thinking that this is what we all needed (and also not being able to say "no") that I lost perception on what is really important. This really sank in yesterday after I lead my last Baby Hui group meeting and Cameron fell asleep during it. When everyone left, Cameron was still asleep and Drew and I just cuddled and watched 'Dumbo' for an hour. Cameron and I always get to cuddle as he is still nursing and sleeps with me, but Drew is now a full fledged 3 year old boy who is always busy and moving that I forget that he still needs cuddle time too. Oh he gets lots of cuddles in the form of long hugs and kisses and he also has the privilege of sleeping with Dad, but the times when we get a whole hour to lay together without having any interruptions from Cameron are few and far between. So today while Cameron took his morning nap, when I would normally play with Drew if home or be in the car on our way somewhere, I scooped him in my arms and told him that I wanted to cuddle with him. The smile on his face was enormous and his whole demeanor softened towards me and Cameron for the hours that followed. This is definitely something that I will be scheduling into my daily routine as I'm sure the day will come when he doesn't want to cuddle with mom anymore. But for now I will enjoy every minute of it.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Good Morning Julie!!!
You are such a wonderful Mom. Oh how I love you for it. I am SO PROUD OF YOU for everything. You have so much love in your heart for your family and it SO SHOWS!
Love,
Mom

Angels all around you!!!